Principal Engineer, Spectrum Policy
7 days left
- Full Time
Connecting the World Through Innovation:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
Does this look like your next role?
In support of Intelsat's current and future business plans as the Principal Engineer, Spectrum Policy you will participate in the development of Spectrum Strategy in Asia (ITU Region 3) in support of the deployment of Intelsat's satellite fleet. You will to participate in the ITU (International Telecommunications Union), Asia Pacific Telecommunity (APT) meetings and other relevant Working Parties and you will play a major role in shaping the spectrum policies in Asian countries. You will also be required to assist and perform various regulatory engineering aspects such as coordination of the satellite networks with other Asian satellite operators as needed as well as ITU filing assessments.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Impacts you will make:
- Collaborate and influence in a global matrix environment to development to translate strategies into actionable roadmap and plans and implement.
- Review, advise and provide inputs on technical material to be used in coordination meetings with other operators.
- Utilize the latest tools and methods to include development of tools to streamline the workload.
- Interface with and provide subject matter expertise to internal stakeholders, e.g., Solutions Development
- Prepare contributions and participate in meetings of the ITU (APT) and other regional organizations in Europe to ensure that regulations applicable to the spectrum use are favorable to satellites in general and particularly to Intelsat.
- Prepare technical studies and material to be used in regulatory APT meetings.
- Involved in spectrum related consultations to ensure Intelsat use of spectrum is represented while also engaging in various public consultations and meetings with APT Administrations.
- Ensure on an ad hoc basis that Intelsat filings are coordinated with other operators under the best possible conditions and, at least, under conditions that are consistent with current and planned operations.
- Coordinate with involved parties within and outside Intelsat, interact with and respond to requests from internal and external customers.
- Maintain situational awareness of telecommunications industry and spectrum matters
You should definitely have:
- A 4-year degree in Electrical or Telecommunications Engineering.
- Demonstrable broad-based knowledge of satellite communications (in particular, transmission, link budgets, and interference analysis).
- Solid knowledge of the ITU Radio Regulations.
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience that includes hands-on experience in coordination of satellite networks (i.e. active participation in several coordination meetings with other operators).
- Demonstrable negotiating skills and ability to strategically assess evolving positions during a coordination meeting.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English language and, in particular, the ability to quickly and fully understand the implications of a text (e.g. in a coordination agreement or in a provision of the ITU Radio Regulations).
- Experience working with the various regulators in Asia-Pacific.
- Self-motivation and a non-hierarchical attitude.
- Strong communications skills including excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills displaying a collegial and cooperative spirit.
- Sound analytical, writing and organizational abilities.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment, work with external consultants and collaborate with internal clients.
- Ability to interact effectively with people of various cultural backgrounds.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software suite (MS Excel, Access, Word and Outlook).
But it would be nice if you had:
- A graduate degree in Electrical or Telecommunications Engineering.
- Effective verbal and written communications in an Asian language.
What it's like to work with us:
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- We are customer focused and collaborative
- Awesome benefits including informal work environment, flexible work arrangements, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job
- This role requires you to sit for long periods of time and work with a computer
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.