Part-time WD&CE Small Business, Entrepreneurship & Licensure Instructor
7 days left
- Full Time
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitlePart-time WD&CE Small Business, Entrepreneurship & Licensure Instructor
Job Description SummaryThe Montgomery College Small Business, Entrepreneurship & Licensure (SBEL) Program. The content in this program involves course development, classroom/online/site teaching and/or participant evaluation for specific courses in any our programs: Hispanic Business and Training Institute, Hospitality: Food Service & Event Management, Real Estate and Insurance, Small Business, Entrepreneurship, and College Board Advanced Placement. As a part of the SBEL team, faculty will develop and/or teach curriculum to business and licensure students, approximately two evenings per week throughout the year at Montgomery College campuses, client training sites and workforce development satellite sites in the Montgomery County region.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs.***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Instructional Design/Curriculum development.
- Syllabus modification.
- Classroom and/or online instruction.
- Attendance and registration collection.
- Assessment administration and scoring .
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree or certifications and experience in the related field.
- Course content Subject Matter expertise.
- Three years of Adult education experience: teaching, coaching, counseling, training, etc.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Five years of higher education or corporate training experience.
- Master's Degree in related field.
- Executive leadership in a private or public sector.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must:
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
Include your resume or CV with dates of employment or contractual work.
Identify your referral source (the person who contacted you for this position) or list professional reference.
Identify the program area in which you desire to teach.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.