Legal Administrative Assitant
We have a GREAT position for an experienced Administrative Assistant. This position supports the Senior Vice President of a TOP DC company. Perfect fit is someone even keeled, friendly, and has a “can-do attitude”.
Competitive salary + GREAT benefits package (PTO,medical, dental, tuition reimbursement,etc.)
Responsibilities (not limited to):
• Assist Senior Vice President Regional Counsel, other attorneys, Paralegal and Lease Administrator in the areas of real estate leasing, acquisitions, sales and financing, contract drafting, review and enforcement of legal administration and litigation.
• Compose, edit and type legal and business correspondence and memoranda.
• Compile, organize and finalize documents for signature and distribution.
• Coordinate proofs of service by delivery, process and/or mailing service.
• Prepare all outgoing and incoming correspondence. Preparation includes making copies for all mentioned parties, chronological file, as well as file mentioned in correspondence.
• Manage and keep up to date filing in relation to incoming/outgoing correspondence.
• Coordination, organization and implementation of document productions within related litigation matters.
• Prepare for processing and track payment of legal invoices from external counsel.
• Prepare expense reports, track budget for variance reporting and code invoices for review and approval.
• Provide general support services such as answering and directing phone calls and keeping calendars.
• Establish and maintain standardized data and library files.
• Organize and maintain card, rolodex, or contacts
• Word-processing including editing and proofreading.
• Track tenant Certificates of Insurance; update status in database and contact tenants to obtain missing or incomplete documentation.
• Assist in drafting general documents as well as making revisions to documents in the process of being executed.
• Assist with communications in setting up phone conference calls, meeting arrangements, as well as attorney availability.
• Schedule conference rooms for meetings and arrange for meals as required.
• Arrange staff travel including air, hotel, car rental and meeting attendance, if required.
• Special projects or assignments as requested by the Senior Vice President Regional Counsel, other attorneys, Paralegal or Lease Administrator
• Receptionist relief
• Notary Public
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Associates required; Bachelors Degree preferred.
• A minimum of 5-7 years of progressively responsible administrative support experience required; prior legal administrative experience required; real estate experience desirable.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects, and meet project deadlines.
• Ability to interact with co-workers, outside legal counsel and vendors in an articulate, pleasant, courteous and business-like manner at all times providing the best representation of company.
• Superior verbal, writing and editing skills.
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
• Adaptability to changing demands
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Meet Your Recruiter Amanda Brooks