Public Relations & Marketing Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Marketing and Communications Writer
The George Mason University, School of Business invites applications for the position of Marketing and Communications Writer. The Marketing and Communications Writer creates and distributes content, assists in the development of marketing and communications strategies, manages a wide variety of marketing and communications projects and campaigns, serves as an editor and provides editorial support to the marketing and communications team. This is a full-time classified staff position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Marketing and Communications Writer position has responsibilities in the following areas:
- Content Curation and Analysis which includes:
- Writing or creating content related to the news, events, history, research, and other stories of the School of Business;
- Preparing marketing content with design team for distribution across multiple channels including print materials, web, public relations, e-newsletters, social media, and more;
- Developing and maintaining content for e-newsletters and website on a regular basis;
- Fact-checking all content for accuracy;
- Editing content created by others to align with the School of Businessâ€™ style and brand alignment; and
- Supervising editorial production and project execution.
- Project Management and Public Relations which includes:
- Serving as the editor and project manager as assigned for the planning, designing and production of school publications including alumni publications, graduate programs, and other marketing materials, program marketing and collateral, and on-line content;
- Serving as a content manager for Marketing and Communications on Business School website;
- Collaborating with George Mason University PR to provide timely access to news and co-develops stories as needed;
- Creating public relations content for use by the School of Business and the university on faculty research and accomplishments, student achievements, academic programs, and alumni news; and
- Assisting in the conceptualization and creation of strategic marketing and messaging campaigns across all School of Business programs for use on multiple channels and media, based on research and analytics.
- Special Project Work:
- Executing special projects and initiatives as assigned that support the strategic mission of the school. RequiredQualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum 10 yearsâ€™ experience in writing, editing, production, and web and other digital content creation and management.
- Experience editing using AP Style.
- Experience as an editor and project manager.
- Experience in writing in a variety of different styles for various channels and audiences.
- Experience in content creation, production and distribution experience across multiple channels including web, PR, e-newsletters, social media, and other channels and communications vehicles.
- Experience writing for multiple audiences including the public, alumni, corporate, donors, students, news media and the academic community.
- Ability to work with a broad cross section of faculty and staff and make academic research accessible to broader audiences.
- Experience creating and managing content with Microsoft Office and Adobe tools.
- Experience formatting and posting web content using a content management system; and
- Experience in digital and traditional channel marketing, design and production, project management and planning. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working in a higher education environment;
- Experience in digital and traditional channel marketing, design and production, project management and planning.
- Excellent communication, analytical, strategic thinking and organizational skills; and
- Proactive problem solving skills, attention to detail, ability to motivate, and ability to learn new tasks quickly.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02823z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by November 21, 2018; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references. We will contact you directly if we require additional materials. Review of applications will begin on November 26, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :