Collaborative Care Case Manager
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Behavioral Health Care Manager
The behavioral health care manager is a core member of the collaborative care team, including the patients medical provider and psychiatric consultant, as well as the larger primary care team or medical team. The behavioral health care manager is responsible for supporting and coordinating the mental and physical health care of patients on an assigned patient caseload with the patients medical provider and, when appropriate, other mental health providers. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the mental and physical health care of patients on an assigned patient caseload. Closely coordinate care with the patients medical provider and, when appropriate, other mental health providers.
- Screen and assess patients for common mental health and substance abuse disorders. Facilitate patient engagement and follow-up care.
- Provide patient education about common mental health and substance abuse disorders and the available treatment options.
- Systematically track treatment response and monitor patients (in person or by telephone) for changes in clinical symptoms and treatment side effects or complications.
- Support psychotropic medication management as prescribed by medical providers, focusing on treatment adherence monitoring, side effects, and effectiveness of treatment.
- Provide brief behavioral interventions using evidence-based techniques such as behavioral activation, problem-solving treatment, motivational interviewing, or other treatments as appropriate.
- Provide or facilitate in-clinic or outside referrals to specialty care as clinically indicated.
- Participate in regularly scheduled (usually weekly) caseload consultation with the psychiatric consultant and communicate resulting treatment recommendations to the patients medical provider. Consultations will focus on patients new to the caseload and those who are not improving as expected under the current treatment plan. Case reviews may be conducted by telephone, video, or in person.
- Track patient follow up and clinical outcomes using a registry. Document in-person and telephone encounters in the registry and use the system to identify and re-engage patients.
- Document patient progress and treatment recommendations in EHR and other required systems so as to be shared with medical providers, psychiatric consultant, and other treating providers.
- Facilitate treatment plan changes in consultation with the medical provider and the psychiatric consultant for patients who are not improving as expected who may need more intensive or more specialized mental health care.
- Facilitate referrals for clinically indicated services outside of the organization (e.g., social services such as housing assistance, vocational rehabilitation, mental health specialty care, substance abuse treatment).
- Develop and complete relapse prevention self-management plan with patients who have achieved their treatment goals and are soon to be discharged from the caseload. TRAINING & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Registered Nurse (BSN)
- Masters or Bachelors degree in nursing, social work, counseling, or equivalent Required Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively in a team setting.
- Ability to maintain effective and professional relationships with patient and other members of the care team.
- Ability to effectively engage patients in a therapeutic relationship in person as well as by telephone.
- Experience with assessment and treatment planning for common mental health and/or substance use disorders.
- Basic knowledge of psychopharmacology for common mental health disorders that is within appropriate scope of practice. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with screening for common mental health and/or substance abuse disorders.
- Working knowledge of evidence-based psychosocial treatments and brief behavioral interventions for common mental health disorders, when appropriate (e.g., motivational interviewing, problem-solving treatment, behavioral activation).
- Experience in systematic treatment of patient utilizing objective target measures and a tracking registry.
- Success in relapse prevention planning with post-discharge follow up.
- Experience working alongside primary care providers, psychiatrists, and/or psychiatric nurse practitioners.
- Experience utilizing an electronic medical record.
- Basic knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :