School Psychology Intern (2019-20 SY)
School Psychology interns are assigned to one supervisor, and then work in one or both of the psychologist's schools. Interns also have the opportunity work with other ACPS psychologists in various school settings and programs within the school district to broaden their range of experiences during internship. Regularly scheduled seminars with other interns and intern supervisors are held to explore current topics in the field. All interns meet with their individual supervisors weekly to discuss cases, review written reports, discuss issues, and problem-solve through the school year.
The deadline to submit an application is November 27, 2018.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required, completion of university requirements in a program of study leading to a Master's or higher level degree in School Psychology.
- Experience: Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
- Conduct psychological evaluations for special education eligibility
- Teacher/staff consultation
- Individual and group counseling
- Intervention planning
- Agency consultation.