Financial Analyst (Capital Markets)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You may qualify at the VH-39 (GS-13) grade level if you have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the VH-38 (GS-12) grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates your ability to: perform financial analysis and evaluation work requiring a comprehensive knowledge of (1) corporate finance and any specialized fields of finance required such as marketable investments, capital requirements, interest rate risk management, liquidity management, money and securities markets, investments, and banking, and (2) the financial and management structure, operations, and practices of the FCS.
You may qualify at the VH-40 (GS-14) grade level if you have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the VH-39 (GS-13) grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates your ability to: lead and perform financial analysis and evaluation work requiring a comprehensive knowledge of (1) corporate finance and any specialized fields of finance required such as marketable investments, capital requirements, interest rate risk management, liquidity management, money and securities markets, investments, and banking, and (2) the financial and management structure, operations, and practices of the FCS.
NOTE: There is no substitute for education at the VH-39 and VH-40 grade levels.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There are no basic education requirements for this position.
1. This position is also advertised for all U.S. Citizens under job opportunity announcement VA-19-0101-MP-DDJ. If you would like to be considered under both merit promotion (MP) and delegated examining (DE) procedures, you must apply to both announcements.
2. A relocation incentive of up to $20,000 may be authorized for current federal employees ONLY outside of the local community area. 2 year services agreement will be required.
3. Locality pay is added to base salaries using on the following locality rates: Bloomington, MN, 18.10%; Irving, TX, 18.83%; McLean, VA, 25.86%; Greenwood Village, CO, 18.75%; Sacramento, CA, 21.11%. Locality rates are subject to change. In addition, selectees are eligible for a recruitment bonus.
4. All FCA employees are subject to the conflict of interest laws and Standards of Ethical Conduct imposed upon all employees of the Executive Branch of the Federal Government and may be required to file a Financial Disclosure Report.
7. FCA's supplemental ethics regulations restrict certain FCA employees concerning their direct or indirect interests in, or connections with, Farm Credit System institutions. These rules also require all employees to obtain approval for outside employment or business activities. Please contact the HR Division for additional information on these rules.
8. FCA uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.
9.This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies if openings in the same series and grade occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume serves as the basis for the determination of your qualifications and should highlight relevant work experience and education (if applicable) as it relates to this position. Your resume must include the following information:
- Paid and non-paid work experience including your position title, start and end dates (month/year) of employment, average number of hours worked per week and salary;
- Position series and grade for Federal positions;
- Indication of the knowledge, skills and education you have that are pertinent to this position;
- Specific duties you have performed as a regular part of your job with indications of the level of responsibility and complexity of work;
- Names and contact information for your current and/or previous supervisor(s).
Under Category Rating and Selection procedures, eligible candidates will be placed in one of three pre-defined quality categories, described below. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position.
Highly-Qualified Category: In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, applicants must fully demonstrate proficiency in all major aspects of the position.
Well-Qualified Category: In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, applicants must demonstrate proficiency in some but not all of the major aspects of the position.
Qualified Category: In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, applicants must demonstrate a basic level of knowledge, skill and ability of the position.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs) and other characteristics relevant to the duties of this position:
- Ability to provide technical expertise.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Knowledge of Federal financial regulations.
- Knowledge of legislative processes related to new/modifications in financial regulations.
- Knowledge of process for evaluating prior approval requests submitted by FCS institutions.
- Knowledge of teaching, training, making presentations to share information on regulatory changes and updates in financial and capital related areas.
- Knowledge of theories, concepts and policies in financial and capital markets.
- Skill in and knowledge of project management.
- Skill in oral communication.
- Skill in written communication.
Under category rating procedures, veterans' preference points and the "rule of three" are not applied. The rights of eligible veterans are protected by placement on the list ahead of non-preference eligibles within each pre-defined quality category. Preference eligibles who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent (i.e., CPS and CP) are listed in the Highly-Qualified category except when the position is being filled is scientific or professional at the VH-35 (GS-09) grade level or higher.
Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) candidates must be rated "Well Qualified" for the position to receive priority consideration. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No