Minority Fellowship Program Specialist
The Minority Fellowship Program (MFP) Specialist performs administrative, technical and computer support functions in the development and use of all MFP data systems for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) MFP at ANA. The specialist reports to the project director and collaborates on projects as assigned with the MFP Team. This is a grant-funded position, and the budgeted salary for this position is $52,000 per year.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION: email your resume to email@example.com or apply online at https://www.nursingworld.org/ana-enterprise-jobs/
- Maintains and updates MFP Fellows, Alumni, and National Advisory Committee records using the ANA Personify Database, Fellow’s Profiles, Alumni Directory, and other data systems outlined in the grant.
- Supports data collection to ensure adequacy and accuracy of the data; monitors and analyzes information in all data systems and make recommendations for system improvements; and manages electronic files so that an accurate audit trail of all performance data exists.
- Manages data and electronic systems ensuring the proper care of sensitive documents, including following proper procedures for mailing, handling, transmitting and communicating these documents.
- Manages all necessary electronic technology related to virtual and face-to-face meetings; submission of documents in Grants.gov and other reporting systems; and communication with stakeholders.
- Provides training to volunteers and program staff on technology used to support the grant program.
- Monitors online presence by tracking for outdated website posts, broken links, outdated Fellows and Alumni profile bios, and recommends trending articles, research, and other resources to post.
- Supports data extraction and report development from MFP data systems sources while maintaining secure data handling and storage procedures in compliance with the confidentiality terms and conditions of the grants.
- Provides administrative support to the MFP programmatic team that includes, but is not limited to, development and dissemination of program materials; proofreading of documents; coordination of virtual and face-to-face meetings; preparation of meeting summaries, notes and minutes; and online research projects.
BSc/BA in computer science or related field.
Related Work Experience
2-3 years proven experience in data management using Personify database and other related applications; possesses the ability to fully grasp the complexity of data management, including a strong understanding of databases, data analysis procedures and possess excellent troubleshooting skills, eRA Commons System and other federal platforms.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and computer skills with proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, Power Point etc.), Adobe Connect, Share Point, File Sharing and other data systems;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task several complex and demanding concurrent projects;
- Focused with a strong attention to detail ensuring procedures are established for data preparation, including data cleaning, standardization, and analysis for accuracy and completeness of data related to all programmatic projects and reports;
- Proactively serves as liaison with ANA Information Technology Department, SAMHSA SPARS and other related federal agencies and MFP program staff;
- Demonstrated skills in preparing and submitting data related to the grants in grants.gov, SPARS eRA Commons and other systems as required by the grant;
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and appreciate cultural and gender differences and adheres to ANA Code of Conduct Policy.