Supervisory Administrative Specialist (Travel Operations Manager)
Occasional travel - On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
To receive credit, you must indicate the month and year as well as the average hours worked per week for each employer. Average work hours must be stated on the resume to quantify each period of work experience or that experience will not be credited toward meeting the specialized experience requirement.
You must address the specific specialized experience required for each grade level of this position on your resume or application or you will be rated "Ineligible" for that grade level.
GS-14: To qualify you must have at least 1 full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-13 level in the Federal service that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skill, and ability to perform successfully in this position. This experience may have been gained in a Non-Federal service position. In addition, this Specialized Experience must demonstrate the following:
- Gathering and analyzing pertinent administrative data and making recommendations for, and/or solving, complex administrative issues related to travel;
- Interpreting and applying applicable travel laws, regulations, and policies, including the Federal Travel Regulations (FTR), in order to assess, evaluate, and monitor an organization's travel program;
- Communicating orally and in writing with various levels of internal and external customers to accomplish program goals; and
- Leading or supervising employees or projects.
There is no substitution for education at this grade level.
If selected for this position, you will be eligible for benefits. The above link is provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Small Business Administration is committed to building a high-performing, 21st century workforce that possesses the following core attributes: cultural astuteness, technological proficiency, articulate, strong writing capabilities, superior conflict resolution skills, and exceptional presentation skills. Candidates should be prepared as they may be further evaluated on these attributes throughout the application and selection process.
For this vacancy, the Office of Disaster Personnel will use a Category Rating system to refer qualified applicants for consideration. This is a three-step process. First, your resume or other application is evaluated to determine if you meet the Qualifications, including the Specialized Experience described above, for the grade level(s) that you are applying for. Secondly, if you meet the minimum qualifications requirements, your responses to the questionnaire, including narrative responses, if applicable, will be compared to your resume or other application. If your resume does not support the answers you gave on the questionnaire, you may be rated "Ineligible," or you may be placed in a lower category. Third, your name will be placed in one of the three following categories:
- Best-Qualified - highly proficient with an overall comprehensive level of knowledge, skills and abilities related to this position.
- Well-Qualified - competent in the position with an overall accomplished level of knowledge, skills and abilities related to this position.
- Qualified - an overall basic level of knowledge, skills and abilities related to this position.
For this position, disabled veterans who meet minimum qualifications for this position and have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10% (CPS & CP) are placed at the top of the Best-Qualified category regardless of which category they would otherwise be assigned to.
Preference eligibles who do not have a service-connected disability of 10% or more (XP or TP) are placed at the top of their quality category.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
Administration and Management, Compliance, Customer Service, Manages Human Resources, and Technical Competence Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No