(NEPA) Compliance Specialist
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 1 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-12 salary range starts at $81,548.00 per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level or higher in the Federal service. Office of Personnel Management 1101 Qualification Standards.
In addition to the Basic Requirements listed above, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience developing, coordinating and implementing environmental and safety programs for projects including design and construction of workplace environments and new buildings; repair and alteration projects in existing facilities, historic buildings; and the acquisition and leasing of buildings and facilities, exchanges is property disposal. Experience should also demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) as well as other environmental laws and regulations.
Bargaining Unit status: NFFE
Relocation-related expenses are Not approved and will be your responsibility.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.
If you are eligible under Merit Promotion, you may also apply under Vacancy Announcement #1911105CFMP. You must apply separately to each announcement to be considered for both.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
- You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of Environmental laws, policies, regulations and methodologies concerned with compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act.
- Ability to provide analysis of environmental laws, policies, and regulations as they apply to real property acquisition, development, operation and disposal.
- Ability to conduct extensive research, evaluates complex technical data, and makes decisions or recommendations on a highly critical nature.
- Ability to communicate, negotiate requirements, and/or implementation of program initiatives to present findings and conduct formal meetings in a concise and professional manner.
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified.
- We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No