Information Technology Specialist
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-13, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Supporting an infrastructure hosting environment of multiple enterprise applications within an enterprise data center such as VMWare based virtualization, Windows Servers in Active Directory Domain, and Cisco Unified Computing System; AND
- Remote site troubleshooting using RDP and SSH remote tools; AND
- Analyzing and resolving key operational problems to improve customer satisfaction rates; AND
- Experience in configuration management, requirements documentation, and customer elicitation; AND
- Analyzing major issues that result in the development of policies.
In addition to meeting specialized experience, individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
- Attention to Detail- Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service- Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication- Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving- Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Pass a pre-employment security investigation.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Obtain and maintain a Public Trust Background clearance.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, Best Qualified, Well-Qualified or Qualified depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No