Information Technology Specialist (SA/AS) *12 Month Roster* (COBOL Applications Developer)
7 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Travel may be required 1-5 days/nights per month.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
Grade 14 Level: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. This experience must include Information Technology (IT) related experience that demonstrates each of the following four competencies: 1) Attention to Detail, 2) Customer Service, 3) Oral Communication and 4) Problem Solving. Specialized experience for this position includes: Demonstrated accomplishment of computer project assignments that required a wide range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques pertinent to the position to be filled. This knowledge is generally demonstrated through assignments that required the ability to analyze a number of alternative approaches in the process of advising management concerning major aspects of IT system design. This would include defining what system interrelationships must be considered, or what operating mode, system software, and/or equipment configuration is most appropriate for a given project.
- The experience may have been gained in the public sector,private sector or VolunteerService. One year of experience refers to full-timework; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
Twenty Five (25) Positions are located throughout Information Technology Division to be filled in any of the following locations:
Fresno CA, Washington DC, Atlanta GA, Chamblee GA, Covington KY, Lanham-Seabrook MD, Detroit MI, Kansas City MO, Holtsville NY, Charlotte NC, Philadelphia PA, Memphis TN, Austin TX, Dallas/Farmers Branch TX, Ogden UT, Kearneysville WV, Andover MA, Nashville TN, Jacksonville FL, Plantation FL .
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
• This is a bargaining unit position.
• Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
• We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
• Must successfully complete a background investigation, including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
• Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
• If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
• Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
• Undergo an income tax verification and review of prior performance/conduct.
• Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
• Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Teamwork, Problem Solving, Software Development, Systems Testing & Evaluation, Systems Life Cycle, Technical Documentation, Requirements Analysis Project Management. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, (i.e., A = Superior, B = Highly Qualified, C= Qualified) depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), you must receive a score of category B or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No