Graduate Programs Receptionist and Program Assistant
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant, School of Business, Arlington Campus The George Mason University, School of Business is looking for an energetic, organized and detail-oriented evening and Saturday Receptionist and Administrative Assistant to work on a team supporting the Schoolâ€™s graduate programs at the Arlington campus. The successful candidate will be responsible for reception duties and administrative support activities. This is a part-time wage position. Students in good academic standing are eligible for this position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: Receptionist: Provide receptionist services for all visitors to the office and hosting services for the office conference rooms. Act as the first point of contact for all traffic through the office by greeting, announcing, and directing all students, clients, and guests to the office. Accept and sort mail for the office.
Administrative Support: Work in conjunction with office colleagues to support general office administration functions as needed.
Saturday Duties: Provide administrative support for Saturday classes in the Executive MBA, MS in Technology Management, and MS in Management of Secure Information Systems programs including: reproducing material for faculty, ensuring catering is set up, and providing customer service. Interact professionally with executive-level students.
Work Schedule: Monday â€“ Thursday: 3:30pm â€“ 7:30pm Saturday: 7:00 am â€“ 4:00 pm (typically 3 per month)
- An associate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience, and demonstrated relevant professional experience; and
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, electronic calendaring, and e-mail. Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience working in a higher education setting or with the state of Virginia;
- Experience in administrative services;
- Experience with university applications/systems such as eVA and the Travel Request System;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work with senior management personnel;
- Ability to work independently and to complete multiple tasks within tight deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively as a key member of an administrative support team in a dynamic, fast-paced, demanding environment with frequently changing priorities; and
- Ability to handle matters with discretion and maintain absolute confidentiality in a highly visible office.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number WG846zz at http://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter (optional), resume, and list of at least three professional references. We will contact you directly if we require additional materials. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :