This position may be filled at the Engineer I level, Grade 19 (salary - $48,039 to $79,285); at the Engineer II level, Grade 22 (salary - $55,176 to $91,314); or at the Engineer III level, Grade 25. If underfilled, there is a non-competitive promotional opportunity up to the Engineer III, Grade 25.
The mission of the Montgomery County Department of Transportation (MCDOT) is to move people and connect places with the best transportation choices and services. MCDOT is seeking an Engineer for their Transportation Policy/Development Review Section.
Employee will be responsible for providing independent project oversight and coordination as a member of the department's Development Review Team, and is expected to provide leadership, mentoring and guidance to other professional and paraprofessional employees.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Representing the Department in meetings with other government agencies and the private development community on issues related to proposed residential and commercial developments.
- Preparing for and leading the discussion of assigned projects in Executive Branch internal subdivision review meetings.
- Conducting detailed reviews and processing of subdivision plans and supporting documentation (including but not limited to MCDOT review fee applications, sight distances evaluations, storm drain capacity and impact analyses, Traffic Impact Studies, pedestrian and bicycle mobility, truck circulation, etc.) for conformance with existing codes and policies, completeness, accuracy, and acceptability.
- Determining required improvements within County-maintained rights-of-way and easements; evaluating the suitability of requested waivers and/or Design Exceptions.
- Evaluating the suitability of requests for Development Impact Tax credits; coordinating with other MCDOT Divisions.
- Preparing and distributing plan review letters in a timely manner; maintaining complete and accurate records in hard copy and electronic formats; and providing recommendations on assigned Master Plan documents.
This position REQUIRES the possession of a valid driver's license from applicant's state of residence and the ability to drive a County vehicle to attend meetings or perform work at locations outside the office.
This position REQUIRES incumbent to work a flexible work schedule that may include working core work hours, as well as working flexible work hours (i.e. early morning, evening, and/or weekend work) to handle emergency situations, inclement weather as well as to perform inspections, surveys, observations, etc.
To view the job posting and submit an application, please visit Montgomery County Government’s Career website at www.montgomerycountymd.gov/careers and click on Search Jobs. You will find the job posting under the General Professional job category – IRC34320 (Closing Date November 23, 2018). EOE: M/F/D