Information Technology Specialist
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet either the specialized experience for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
To qualify for the GS-13, you must have at least one year of experience equal or equivalent to the GS-12, it must include:
- Experience in leading, managing, and coordinating effective and efficient information systems.
- Experience in managing data standardization, resource planning, business case development, cost/benefit analysis, architecture, scheduling, acquisition, and implementation.
- Experience in the development of data structures, data standards, structured query language (SQL) and the development of program-level processes.
To qualify for the GS-14 (in addition to the GS-13), you must have at least one year of experience equal or equivalent to the GS-13, it must include:
- Experience in developing and communicating technical recommendations, strategies, and solutions, orally and in writing, to management and executives within an organization.
In addition to meeting the above described specialized experience requirements, your IT experience will be evaluated and be expected to include described experience in the following competencies:
- Attention to Detail: Work is thorough and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service: Working with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, providing information or assistance, assigning staff to resolve their problems, or satisfying their expectations; knowing about available products and services; committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication: Expressing information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); making clear and convincing oral presentations; listening to others, attending to nonverbal cues, and responding appropriately.
- Problem Solving: Identifying problems; determining accuracy and relevance of information; using sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and making recommendations based on technical requirements.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
For additional information about applying to Federal positions, please click on the following link: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-policies/#url=e4
Students enrolled in a qualifying degree program can apply if the anticipated graduation date is within six months of closing date of the announcement. Graduation transcript must be received before start date.
Other applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Displaced employees may be eligible for ICTAP or CTAP priority consideration. For more information, please review the OPM Employee's Guide to Career Transition.
EEO STATEMENT: The Department of Transportation (DOT) maintains a model federal work environment that is free of discrimination. DOT ensures equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, or protected activity.
NHTSA is a Local 3313 Bargaining Unit Agency.
This vacancy may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days for this location.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over non-veterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position.
Your application will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. The answers you select in the on-line process must be substantiated in your application package. If upon review, it is determined that your described work history, competencies, and/or supporting documents do not support your answer choices, your application may be updated or you may not be referred to the selecting official. Please ensure that your work history provides enough details to support your answers. The Automated Staffing Office is ultimately responsible for determining your final rating.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No