If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire people who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
• Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
• 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
• 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered.
The Medical Scribe is responsible for documenting and transcribing information into the patient's medical record for a provider in a hospital setting.
* Accompanies provider into patient examination and transcribes encounter/examination.
* Documents procedures as performed by the provider.
* Transcribes patient orders for laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
* Maintains and completes patient charts.
* Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Knowledge of Medical Terminology
* Prior Scribe or Medical Transcriptionist experience or training
* Ability to remain calm in a fast paced, at times stressful environment
* Computer proficiency
* Ability to type 50 words per minute or above, adjusted for errors
* High attention to detail and advanced organizational skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Bachelor's degree preferred
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.