Non Exempt, Contingent II, Part Time, Pay Grade 010
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Security Specialist. Reporting to the Security Director, the Security Specialist will ensures a safe and secure working environment for all employees, students and guests, as well as, ensure the protection and safety of all UMUC assets.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Limits access to the property, secures and monitors entrances and exits to building, identifies and provides badges to students and visitors.
2. Patrols all assigned areas of UMUC and maintains a visible, active security presence.
3. Records all activities and notifies security management of any which could be detrimental to staff or property. Completes logs and reports.
4. Monitors CCTV systems, burglar alarms and fire alarms and ensures they are in working order.
5. Monitors and documents all out-of-the-ordinary occurrences, accidents and safety/security hazards. Conducts investigations, interviews and gathers relevant information.
6. Protects the privacy and security of employees and students. Protects UMUC equipment, tools and assets.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED. Must possess a stable work history with progressively responsible experience. Customer service experience a must. Ability to follow oral and written instructions, ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, ability to complete basic reports, ability to learn and use desktop, and other specialized computer systems configured for security operations, ability to assist in emergency response and support police and fire departments, ability to operate two-way communications devices, cell phones, and desk phones.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.