Donor Quality Coordinator
Donor Quality Coordinator
The Donor Quality Coordinator assists in the coordination of the Quality Assurance activities of the C.W. Bill Young Marrow Donor Program. This position aids in insuring quality care of our customers, including donors, the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) and the patients they serve. He/she is responsible for review and data entry of NMDP Data Collection forms into the NMDP database. These functions are performed in accordance with the philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards of Georgetown University. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides a variety of quality control and quality assurance services to both the Donor Services and Quality Assurance/Regulatory departments throughout the program.
- Responsible for data entry and verification of donor information and forms into custom databases, compliance verification, correspondence, and assisting with QA activities including, staff training and documentation of competency, incident reporting, document control, drafting resource guides, and regulatory compliance.
- Assists with Quality Assurance activities for Donor Services, HLA laboratories, and Cord Blood Bank.
- Maintains business documents, including those related to clinical trials, research protocols, donor file reviews, procedures of interaction, meeting minutes, donor/recipient correspondence, and patient death notices.
- Participates in continuing education sessions.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High School diploma and several years of related work experience (some college education preferred)
- Computer experience with word processing
- Advanced oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Computer skills, including ability to learn novel programs
- Meticulous with attention to detail, self-motivated, and have strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills preferred
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.