Administrative and Office Specialist III
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Administrative Assistant, CVPA Academic Affairs
George Mason Universitys College of Visual and Performing Academic Affairs office seeks a part-time classified Administrative Assistant to support the office staff and Associate Dean. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Maintain the Academic Affairs and Deans calendar, files, and correspondence, including the use of 25live.
- Coordinate meetings, prepare meeting agendas and minutes;
- Maintain faculty files in compliance with accreditation standards and update the faculty web page;
- Serve as a resource for inquiries from faculty, staff, parents, and students.
- Monitor the Academic Affairs budget and handle all fiscal matters of the department;
- Assists with beginning of the semester preparations as well as managing of the undergraduate system for academic actions;
- Serves as equipment and Banner liaison for the department; and
- Other special projects and duties as assigned by the Dean.
- Ability to handle flexible job responsibilities;
- Exercise tact and confidentiality;
- Strong attention to detail and customer service skills;
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills;
- Strong computer skills; and
- Ability to organize large amounts of data and paperwork under accreditation and university guidelines. Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Banner, Patriot Web, and University policies and procedures;
- Familiarity with College and University programs and operations;
- Demonstrated experience working in academic administration.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :