Administrative & Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University School of Law invites applications for the position of Receptionist. The law school provides education to all JD, JM, and LLM students within the University. The Administrative suite supports the students; faculty and staff of the law school, and is responsible for the operation of the law school. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Serve as the primary receptionist for the law school, providing administrative assistance within the administration suite of the law school. The receptionist greets and responds to all general phone, email and in-person inquiries from the general public, students, faculty, staff and prospective students.
- Promptly, cheerfully, and courteously greet all visitors, appropriately directing them
- Answer and appropriately direct phone calls and emails, providing helpful information to internal and external constituents
- Provide wide variety of administrative support tasks within administrative suite, including ordering supplies, processing vendor invoices, proofing publications, drafting thank you letters, reserving rooms, processing vouchers, maintaining up-to-date phone list, copying, filing, etc. as assigned
- Assist Executive Assistant to the Dean with Deanâ€™s travel and appointment schedule.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred Qualifications:
- Customer service experience preferred, preferably at high volume sales or front desk or in admin assistant role or equivalent;
- Strong writing and editing skills with error-free communications; desire to understand and resolve stakeholder concerns.
- Excel experience preferred.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :