IT Specialist (CUSTSPT) (DE/CR)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must meet All application requirements to include a complete online resume by 11:59 EASTERN TIME ZONE (ETZ) on the closing date of the announcement. Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement. Qualificaiton requirements in the vacancy announcement are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Hanbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This hand book is availalbe on the Office of Personnel Management's website located at www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Experience must be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate.
For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Provides timely, reliable and accurate service to support both internal and external customers, and facilitates information sharing. Uses effective problem-solving and decision-making skills to meet customers’ needs, ability to adopt customers’ perspective to resolve issues. Demonstrates ability to be a team player. Acquires organizational service standards knowledge.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
For GS-12, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal services.
The work involves resolving the complete range of problems within the scope of the IT support mission and referring problems requiring highly specialized expertise to the appropriate IT specialty office (such as, networks or security). The work also involves conducting analyses to identify areas where additional customer training and assistance is needed and initiating appropriate action.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employments. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no substitution of education for this position.
CTAP and ICTAP candidates will be eligible for selection priority if it is determined that they have exceeded the minimum qualifications for the position by attaining at least a rating of 85 out of 100. Information about CTAP and ICTAP eligibility is on the Office of Personnel Management's Career Transition Resources website at: www.opm.gov/ctap.
CTAP applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- A copy of your RIF separation notice, notice of proposed removal for declining a directed geographic relocation outside of the local commuting area; a Certificate of Expected Separation (CES); or certification that you are in a surplus organization or occupation (this could be a position abolishment letter, a notice eligibility for discontinued service retirement, or similar notice).
- A copy of your SF-50 "Notification of Personnel Action", noting current position, grade/band level, and duty location;
- A copy of your latest performance appraisal including your rating; and
- Any documentation from your bureau/operating unit that shows your current promotion potential.
- A copy of your RIF separation notice, notice of proposed removal for declining a directed geographic relocation outside of the local commuting area; notice of disability annuity termination; certification from your former agency that it cannot place you after your recovery from a work-related compensable injury; or certification from the National Guard Bureau or Military Department that you are eligible for disability retirement.
- A copy of your SF-50 "Notification of Personnel Action", documenting your RIF separation, noting your position, grade/band level, and duty location, and/or Agency certification of inability to place you through RPL, etc.;
- A copy of your latest performance appraisal including your rating; and
- Any documentation from your agency that shows your current promotion potential.
30% or more disabled veteran
Persons with disabilities
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the vacancy announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/No, Multiple Choice questions) and place you in one of the three pre-defined categories. The categories are “gold”, “silver” and “bronze”. However, your resume or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered. Candidates placed in the “gold” category will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
How you will be evaluated for preference eligibility: Within each category, those entitled to veterans’ preference will be listed at the top of the pre-defined category for which they are placed. Preference eligible with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category (gold) depending on the position and grade level of the job. For more information on Category Rating, please go to Category Rating.
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
- Knowledge of IT standards, policies, and authorized system design approaches.
- Knowledge of subject matter processes and terminology; and a familiarity with precedents and alternative automation approaches functioning in comparable organizations with similar missions.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of applications, operating systems, protocols, and equipment used in customer organizations, as well as, methods and practices for troubleshooting, recovering, modifying, and improving IT systems; implementing new functions and facilitating migration of systems to more modern platforms; installing, testing, and implementing new software releases and files; and providing user training on operating system commands, communications software, and application systems.
- Knowledge of capabilities and limitations of computer hardware, software, and communications systems utilized (or planned for utilization) by the organization and supported external customers.
- Knowledge is utilized to provide advice and assistance to customers, troubleshoot complex problems, and provide support in a manner that minimizes interruptions in customer's ability to carry out critical business activities.
- Knowledge of best practices related to project management to participate in projects through initiation to close out. The ability to assist the project manager in utilizing solid project management practices including but not limited to the development/maintenance of project artifacts schedules, risk registers, communication testing, and training plans and project status reports for management and customers.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No