OGC Unpaid Student Intern
7 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
This is an opportunity for:
- An internal candidate to fill a GS-8 cadre position.
- Law students interested in a public service career in public policy and administrative law. The Office of General Counsel (OGC) in the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) is seeking highly qualified JD (1Ls or 2Ls) or LLM students for the (enter year) (enter spring, summer, or fall) UNPAID internship program.
Current GS employees at the same grade as the advertised position grade may apply.
- For a cadre assignment:
- Current ODNI permanent cadre.
- Current law students
- The ODNI uses a rank-in-person system in which rank is attached to the individual. A selected ODNI candidate or other Federal Government candidate will be assigned to the position at the employee's current GS grade and salary.
- PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
- To be eligible for an internship at ODNI OGC, applicants must be U.S. Citizens who-at the time of the application-hold a TS/SCI security clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) that was completed within the past five years. Applicants who have successfully passed at least a counterintelligence polygraph are preferred. Additionally, applicants must
- Be currently enrolled at least half-time in an accredited academic institution as a J.D. or L.L.M. level student.
- Possess, at the time of application, a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- Have approval from the academic institution to participate in the student internship program, and to work a minimum of 16-32 hours per week.
- Have requested and be eligible to receive academic credit from the academic institution for his or her student internship work experience.
- Agree to the necessary safeguarding and nondisclosure of sensitive information.
- Agree to follow ODNI procedures for entry and out-processing.
- Possess an interest in a public service career.
The ODNI is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: The ODNI provides reasonable accommodations to otherwise qualified applicants with disabilities. IF YOU NEED A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Intelligence Community Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Office Representative by classified email at DNI-EEOD-RA-ACF@exchange.cia.ic.gov, by unclassified email at DNI-EEOD@dni.gov, by telephone at 703-874-8360, by TTY at 703-874-8554, or by FAX at 703-874-8651. Your request for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO THE EEOD EMAIL ADDRESS. THIS EMAIL IS FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY. PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION VIA THE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED IN THE 'HOW TO APPLY' SECTION BELOW.
JOB INTERVIEW TRAVEL: Candidates from outside the Washington, D.C., area may be selected for a telephone, teleconference, or in-person interview. If selected for an in-person interview, the ODNI hiring office will pay for travel by commercial carrier (economy class) or reimburse for privately owned vehicle (POV) mileage. If applicable, the candidate also will be reimbursed at a flat rate for commercial lodging and per diem.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants are encouraged to carefully review the position description to construct their resumes to highlight their most relevant and significant experience and education for this job opportunity.