Director of Human Resources, GS-0201-15
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
GS-15: You must have one (1) year of specialized experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the GS-14 level in the Federal Government. Specialized experience includes:
- Experience developing and/or overseeing the development of HR policies and procedures
- Experience providing leadership in overseeing the work of subordinate employees in an HR office who plan, coordinate, direct and evaluate the work of complex resource management programs relating to recruitment, placement/staffing, benefits, performance management, and compensation; overseeing human capital program activities to ensure compliance with HR policies and applicable regulations
- Experience providing expert technical advice and guidance in all matters relating to the operation and management of GS and senior level executive programs
- Experience providing strategic advice and leadership to senior management regarding transformative opportunities for significant efficiency and effectiveness improvements.
Education cannot be substituted for experience at the GS-15 grade level.
For qualification determinations, your resume must contain the following for each work experience listed:
- Organization/Agency's Name
- Salary (series and grade, if applicable)
- Start and end dates (including the month and year)
- Number of hours you worked per week
- Relevant experiences that supports your response to the specialized experience that is stated in the job announcement
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined here.
All requirements must be met by 11/16/2018, the closing date of the announcement.
Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Eligibles: If you have never worked for the Federal government, you are not CTAP/ICTAP eligible. Information about ICTAP or CTAP eligibility can be found by clicking here to access OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
Veterans: All veterans must meet the qualification requirements of the position for further consideration. For more information on veterans' preference, please click here.
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959 , you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law.
This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Ethical Standards/Financial Disclosure:
EXIM is committed to the highest ethical standards. As an employee, you will be covered by the criminal conflict of interest statutes and the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch. You will be required to complete new employee ethics training within 3 months of your appointment.
If this position is subject to financial disclosure requirements (either public or confidential depending upon your position), you will be required to complete a new entrant financial disclosure report within 30 days of your appointment.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a careful evaluation of your resume and supporting documentation will be made, and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you meet the job qualifications; and to the extent to which your application shows that you possess the competencies associated with this position. If, after evaluating your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your category may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
The Category Rating method will be used to evaluate applicants. All qualified applicants will be assigned to one of the following categories:
- Best Qualified - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and excels in most of the job related competencies.
- Well Qualified - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and satisfies most of the job related competencies.
- Qualified - Meets the minimum qualification requirements, but does not satisfy most of the job related competencies to a substantive degree.
Preference eligibles who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher. Applicants who have not submitted a resume in the USAJobs system and/or have not answered all of the vacancy questions will not be considered for this position.
Important Note: Your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the occupational questionnaire or other assessment tool for consistency. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Your resume should provide sufficient information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No