Supervisory Visual Information Specialist
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant work experience and education (if applicable) as it relates to this job opportunity. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Your resume must include the dates of all qualifying experience (from month/year to month/year) and the number of hours worked/volunteered per week.
Physical requirements: Work is primarily sedentary; however, some walking is required to go to other offices in the Gallery.
Candidates must meet the following Qualification Standards Handbook requirements. For the GS-14 specialized experience is at least one year of experience equivalent in responsibility to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service implementing and managing strategic digital initiatives within an art-based organization or cultural institution.
Other relevant criteria:
- 5+ years Web team experience, including 3 years management experience leading Web team/projects
- BA (MA preferred) in relevant field.
- Art history training and/or museum experience a plus
Those applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements will be evaluated against these factors to determine the best-qualified candidates. Applicants must describe their possession of each of these factors individually in a one to two page cover letter as a part of their application.
- Microsoft Office suite of products
- Google Analytics/Tag Manager
- Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Database and database web integration.
- Knowledge of leading web content management systems, W3C Web standards, WAI, ADA & Sections 508 and 504 compliances, and SEO Best Practices.
- The National Gallery of Art fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
• Some positions may require completion of a probationary period of up to 1 (one) year.
• AN EXTERNAL SELECTED CANDIDATE MUST BE FINGERPRINTED AND RECEIVE A BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, RESULTING IN A SATISFACTORY SUITABILITY DETERMINATION BEFORE BEING HIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
• All males born after December 31st 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
EEO Policy: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/EEO_Policy_Statement
Reasonable Accommodation Policy: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Reasonable_Accommodation_Policy_Statement
Veterans Information: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Veterans_Information
Selective Service Registration: http://www.sss.gov/
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Best-qualified candidates will be determined by their personal, educational and work experience indicated in your résumé and in their supplemental information relative to the factors listed above.
If your resume is incomplete or if you fail to submit all required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', for the position accordingly.
To preview questions please click here.