6 days left
- Full Time
Office of the Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration and Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.3
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Executive Coordinator. The ideal candidate will execute a wide range of administrative and executive support functions. Candidate must maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times and possess the ability to properly handle sensitive materials concerning the organization. Expert-level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability, and attention to detail are equally important. Occasional travel between local UMUC locations may be required.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Read and analyze incoming correspondence, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and priority, and act upon as appropriate.
- Anticipate SVP's course of action when unavailable and facilitate problem resolution.
- Provide knowledge and guidance to the SVP on institutional policies and procedures.
- Draft reports, memos, letters, presentations, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
- Coordinate and arrange meetings, preparing meeting materials, and developing presentations.
- Oversee all departmental travel requests, reimbursements, and operational expenses to insure standardization and adherence to State of Maryland regulations.
- Serve as SVP liaison for internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage multiple calendars requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings.
- Identify and collaborate with appropriate staff and departments in preparing special projects. Organize and follow through on work projects and deadlines.
- Perform daily general office functions such as answering phones, taking messages, responding to emails, writing letters, attending meetings, taking notes, and sending out assigned tasks to appropriate staff.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and five (5) plus years experience supporting professionals at the executive level.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with leadership and their staff
- Highly skilled in the use of MS Office application software including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and other applications as needed; able to exercise sound judgment and possess ability to make independent decisions following general instructions
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing and competing priorities
- Excellent people skills and the ability to handle situations with tact, discretion, courtesy, and respect for the individual
- Must be well organized and efficient in the performance of duties and able to meet deadlines
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and documents
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.