Night Operations Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
Night Operations Manager - University Facilities
The Night Operations Manager serves as a representative for the University Facilities department to the university community and visitors. The incumbent must act in a professional manner, carry proper identification and comply with University and department policies and procedures. This position reports to the Manager of Custodial Services along with a Special Events Custodial Supervisor, a Day Custodial Supervisor, an Evening Custodial Supervisor, two Residential Custodial Supervisors and a Weekend Custodial Supervisor. Reporting directly to this position are four building supervisors and indirectly, 45-50 custodial staff including custodians and floor care specialists working during the night shift hours, to ensure building readiness by 7:00 am daily. The normal work schedule is generally Sunday through Thursday, 10:30 pm to 7:00 am. The incumbent's area of responsibility will cover the entire campus except for the residential areas. Coverage for the residential areas will be provided on an emergency basis.
- Trains and manages staff. Trains staff on a six month cycle in cleaning methods and techniques, equipment usage, chemical usage and related aspects of custodial work. Monitors staff performance and takes actions including recommendations for additional or specialized training. Participates in the selection of new employees. Evaluates performance of employees. Completes performance appraisal forms. Coaches, counsels and evaluates each employee on a quarterly basis.
- The incumbent will discuss with the Manager of Custodial Services performance reviews and actions to be recommended or taken. When evaluating employee performance, will take appropriate steps to correct inadequate performance. Takes appropriate action to deal with employee absenteeism, tardiness, poor performance, and similar matters. Knows staff abilities and is able to recommend employees for appropriate awards. Will discuss recommendations for disciplinary action with supervisor.
- Directs custodial services for assigned areas. Schedules staff and/or ensures that staff is properly scheduled to provide cleaning and related services for assigned areas. Ensures staffing and work schedules meet requirements of a clean and safe working and academic environment for the building users. Maintain and update Night Operations log to reflect absences and what staff assigned to certain areas.
- Ensures quality service. Performs quality control inspections and takes action to ensure the continuous provision of high quality custodial services within assigned area.
- Serves as liaison with customers within area assigned. Maintains regular contact with building users at night and Manager of Custodial Services to ensure that needs, requests, complaints and problems are addressed. Keeps supervisors and staff informed of users' concerns and plans. Maintains contact with other Custodial Supervisors to notify and be notified of special requests or concerns and responses that need to be attended to during the evening, night or day shift.
- Incumbent is responsible for key security and related aspects of building security. Inventories keys at beginning and end of each shift. Ensures security of keys and monitors key assignment and use. Ensures that staff observes building security procedures. Immediately notifies Manager of Custodial Services of any unaccounted for keys.
- Identifies maintenance concerns and notifies maintenance staff of needed repairs. Ensures that maintenance managers and the Work Management Center are notified of needed repairs within area assigned. Sees that custodial staff attends to light maintenance needs.
- Coordinates snow and ice removal during night shift operations. After obtaining weather forecast and surveying outside weather conditions, makes recommendations on whether the University should remain open, close or open late. Calls in personnel as needed as the snow advice situation dictates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School; College degree preferred
- Five years custodial experience including three with managerial experience; some plant operation maintenance experience helpful
- Some computer literacy required
- Required to have a valid District of Columbia, Maryland or Virginia driver's license
- A basic knowledge of English including the ability to read, write and speak English with understanding
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally essential
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Must have ability to act independently and exercise mature judgement
- Capable of analyzing relevant operational issues and identify solutions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required
Additional Information About this Position:
- This position is considered an emergency position that requires that incumbent reports to work during inclement weather at the regularly scheduled time regardless of whether the University is closed, opening late or closing early.
- Must carry a radio and pager during period of duty. Must wear a pager away from office and will respond to emergencies on a rotating on-call basis.
- When the incumbent is to be absent, s/he will appoint one of the night supervisors to serve as lead supervisor.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.