MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST (ADSD)
7 days left
- Full Time
Please note: This recruitment may be filled at the part-time or full-time level depending upon the needs of the organization. Please indicate your availability on the supplemental questionnaire.
The Aging & Disability Services Division (ADSD) is seeking a dynamic, progressive therapist interested in treating adults with developmental disabilities who have unmet mental health needs. This therapist will support persons living with developmental disabilities who are subject to the full spectrum of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual Disorders (DSM-5) and who have historically been under-treated. This role requires cross-collaboration with the Developmental Disability Services Bureau's Support Coordinators as well as Psychiatrists to determine assessments, treatment planning, and provision of services as well as providing outpatient therapy services to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
This position provide therapy and case management to a small caseload of older adults (non-DD) with serious mental illness, as well as, co-occurring substance use disorders and trauma histories. This division promotes older adults and individuals with disabilities living with dignity and independence in settings they prefer. Staff provides intensive community-based support to promote integrated community-based living, ensure safety in the home, and foster full participation in the community.
To learn more about our services, please visit here.
- Screening and diagnostic intake assessments;
- Treatment planning;
- Individual, group and family therapy;
- Case coordination;
- Consultation and collaboration with other service providers;
- Crisis intervention and referrals;
- Maintaining clinical documentation and report writing; and
- Participation in Division, Departmental, or Countywide committees and task forces.
- A Master's degree in a clinical discipline such as Counseling Psychology, Clinical Social Work, or other directly related discipline which required a clinical practicum prior to graduation which involved diagnostic and treatment services;
- Two years of full-time post Master's Degree clinical experience providing clinical therapy and other mental health services which included the application of intake and assessment and diagnostic and treatment services to seriously mentally ill and/or adults with Intellectual Disabilities; and
- Meets the criteria of a Qualified Mental Health Professional- Adult (QMHP-A) per the Virginia Board of Counseling regulations within 60 days of hire. https://www.dhp.virginia.gov/counseling/docs/QMHP_FAQs.pdf
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist;
- Virginia licensure or eligibility which allows reimbursement from Medicare;
- Experience and training in providing psychotherapy or counseling services;
- Clinical experience with seriously mentally ill adults, including populations with substance use disorders and/or trauma-related symptoms; and
- Working knowledge administering and scoring psychological assessments
Applicant must possess, or obtain by the time of appointment, a valid motor vehicle operator's license from the applicant's place of residence or the applicant must have the ability and willingness to use alternative methods of transportation to perform assigned duties and responsibilities at locations other than the primary worksite.
If the applicant possesses or acquires a license, the applicant must provide or authorize Arlington County to obtain a copy of the applicant's official state/district driving record. Any offer of employment may be contingent on a favorable review of the applicant's driving record.
Must complete pre-hire federal background check and State of Virginia Central Registry check.
Work Hours: Both full and part-time positions should be available to work between the core work hours of: Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. with flexibility.
The salary range above covers the annual salary Mental Health Therapist II position without appropriate Virginia clinical licensure. The annual salary range for Mental Health Therapist II (Licensed) is $61,609.60 - $$94,078.40. ($29.62 - $45.23/hr.)
Your responses to the supplemental questionnaire are considered part of the selection process and are required for this position. Please do not give "see resume" as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.