FACILITIES OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) Athletic and Facilities Services Division (AFS) is seeking an experienced Facilities Operations Manager to be responsible for the overall management and operations of 14 community centers, Gunston Bubble and Carlin Hall outdoor athletic facilities. This position will also be responsible for the management and oversight of the Hendry House Rental Program, and associated staff. The Facilities Operations Manager will directly supervise nine permanent Facility Managers, up to 70 temporary facility monitors, event coordinators and hostesses year-round.
The work involves daily contact with joint-use partners such as Arlington Public Schools (APS), Department of Environmental Services (DES), other county agencies and their contractors, citizen advisory groups and/or other affiliate organizations, Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR), section leaders, unit managers, and other organizations.
Specific duties include:
- Developing the new Lubber Run Community Center Program Plan in coordination with the Community Recreation Division, Athletic and Facilities Division and Parks and Natural Resources Division;
- Providing Capital Improvement and Operational Project Management in coordination with internal and external agencies for new and renovated facilities and providing data points needed for discussion;
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive business plan, managing and evaluating the business systems for the operations of DPR owned and operated facilities;
- Disseminating the status of DPR facilities operations during emergency and inclement weather incidents;
- Executing evaluation standards for facilities management to regularly evaluate operations;
- Formulating and implementing an equipment replacement plan;
- Implementing safety and security plans in coordination with the DPR Safety Program Coordinator;
- Reviewing and overseeing the Facility Operations Manual and operating memorandum in coordination with all stakeholders yearly to provide guidance to Facility Operations staff as it pertains to policy and procedure;
- Overseeing, reviewing and updating the staff operational training program in coordination with the Department's Workforce Development staff to ensure all staff receive the appropriate training required and system is in place to provide refreshers when needed or certifications expire; and
- Serving as a member of the Athletic and Facilities Services Management Team and DPR extended leadership teams.
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Recreation, Sports and/or Facilities Management; Business and/or Public Administration or related field plus three years of progressively responsible experience in recreation administration, recreation programming, or a related field, including considerable experience coordinating the work of others and performing liaison activities with diverse populations
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience may substitute for the education requirement on a year for year basis.
Desirable: Preference may be given to those who have experience in one or more of the following:
- Community relations, facilitation, negotiation, public speaking and presentations;
- Working with local school administration regarding shared use of facilities;
- Needs assessment, gap analysis, strategic planning, and business process improvement; and/or
- Utilizing Rec Trac or similar registration, scheduling and tracking software programs; work order management programs; Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Access, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint and Adobe.
Work Hours: 8:00 a.m. â€“ 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, evening and weekends, as needed
Your responses to the supplemental questionnaire are considered part of the selection process and are required for this position. Please do not give "see resume" as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered