ATHLETIC AND FACILITY SERVICES SPECIALTY PROGRAM MANAGER
7 days left
- Full Time
The Athletic and Facility Services Division (AFS) within the Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) is seeking a Specialty Program Manager to oversee four robust programs. These include the Gymnastics, Aquatics, and Fitness Membership Programs as well as personal training offerings, and the Enjoy Arlington Catalog offering for all ages from toddlers to adult classes. This position will be responsible for influencing programmatic decisions related to the four programs, to ensure consistent improvement with a direct focus on customer service.
Specific duties include:
- Managing staff to include four direct reports and over 20 full time employees and holding monthly team meetings;
- Overseeing the Gymnastics Program housed at Barcroft Sport and Fitness Center and the Aquatics Program to include classes and private swim lessons currently held in Arlington Public Schools;
- Managing the fitness membership program, to include personal training held throughout seven (7) DPR-run fitness centers;
- Overseeing the Enjoy Arlington Catalog and ensuring submittal deadlines are met;
- Working with the Class Coordinator to ensure classes offered are meeting and exceeding citizen's expectations;
- Working collaboratively with other areas of the Athletic and Facility Services Division including registration staff, facilities scheduling, and the DPR Camp Coordinator;
- Managing fitness equipment, tracking inventory and personnel and non-personnel budget;
- Participating in meetings and maintaining relationships with the Arlington Aquatic Club, Arlington Tigers, and Arlington Aerials Booster Clubs to set class schedules, discuss new offerings, and upholding agreements set forth in the associated MOA's;
- Tracking of performance measures related to program participation and updating Department of Parks and Recreation Leadership;
- Participating as a member of the Athletic and Facility Services Leadership Team;
- Recruiting, training, and hiring of direct reports, including completion of yearly performance evaluations; and
- Creating a formal on-boarding process for all staff, temporary and permanent.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION
In late 2020/early 2021 DPR will open a 90,000 sf. Aquatic facility, the Long Bridge Aquatic and Fitness Center. The facility will house a 50-meter pool, and leisure pool including a water slide, spray ground, and lazy river. The Aquatics program, and Fitness program will offer classes for participants at the new facility through the Enjoy Arlington Catalog.
The DPR Fitness Membership program includes seven fitness centers housed at Langston-Brown, Fairlington, Madison, Barcroft, Arlington Mill, Gunston, and Thomas Jefferson community centers. In late 2020, early 2021 DPR will open two new fitness centers at the new Lubber Run Community Center, and the Long Bridge Aquatic and Fitness Center. Selection Criteria
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Recreation, Sports, Business Management or a related field plus considerable experience in recreational or sports program management.
Substitution: Additional directly related experience can substitute for the education requirements on a year-for-year basis.
Desirable: Preference may be given to those with one or more of the following:
- Master's Degree in Sports Management/Administration, Recreation Administration or related field;
- Experience managing programs in a local government setting;
- Coaching or fitness certifications; and/or
- Strong knowledge of RecTrac or web based scheduling system.
Work Hours: 8:00 a.m. â€“ 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, evening and weekends, as needed
Your responses to the supplemental questionnaire are considered part of the selection process and are required for this position. Please do not give "see resume" as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.