Senior Financial Analyst
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: None
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 3 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education/experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Senior Financial Analyst
Your role in helping us shape the future:
As a liaison between the Commercial and Finance organizations, you will leverage your financial and broader business skills to lead informed decision making with regards to new and existing product lines. You will have an in-depth understanding of the products offered by Intelsat and will be responsible for the review of product business cases to include investment and feasibility analyses of new products. You will analyze product-related financial and non-financial information to anticipate performance and evaluate profitability of all new and existing product lines as compared to plan. In addition, you will partner with colleagues from across the company to investigate the underlying product performance levers and act in an advisory capacity for senior Commercial leadership to highlight opportunity for further investment and/or course correction. You will do this while implementing and strengthening the financial oversight process, to include the introduction of key performance metrics with which to analyze operational effectiveness from a product perspective.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you up to the challenge?
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) with regards to Intelsat product lines and establishes working relationships with teams throughout the company (e.g., EPMO, Product Management, IT & Network Engineering, etc.) to develop and deliver high quality product road maps. Regularly engages in and influences ad-hoc strategy discussions.
- Ensures the financial soundness of Product Management proposals via the financial review of business cases to include investment and feasibility analyses of new products and enhancements to existing products. Partners with colleagues to aggregate & validate financial and non-financial performance assumptions and investigates the underlying product performance levers necessary for success. Acts in an advisory capacity for senior Commercial leadership to highlight opportunity for further investment and/or course correction.
- Leads the initiative to establish replicable P&L views of products with meaningful comparisons to business cases and/or budget to facilitate meaningful discussion of product profitability and viability.
- Responsible for the on-going reporting and forecasting of product revenues for inclusion in monthly Revenue Forecast and Business Operations review meetings. Works directly with regional sales and product teams to monitor pipeline, manage expenses and adjust performance expectations accordingly.
- Key contributor to the budget and five-year plan; responsible for assimilation of product assumptions into consolidated models and the verification of data accuracy
- Responsible for the analysis of products for USF eligibility, as well as the forecasting and planning of fees and administration of filings for the program.
- Establishes and maintains a product performance dashboard to highlight progress and facilitate decision making for senior management. Addresses ad hoc inquiries for product-related information and analysis.
- Initiates, facilitates and/or supports various other Finance Department initiatives, as needed.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field. MBA a plus.
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience with robust involvement in coordinating small projects and/or purpose-driven teams within a matrixed business unit or divisional environment.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze, validate and synthesize complex financial data and communicate succinct conclusions and recommendations.
- Strong organizational skills required to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite of tools, including advanced Excel (e.g., pivot tables, formulas, formatting, graphs) and PowerPoint skills
- Solid understanding of key financial concepts, along with a working knowledge of US GAAP & other revenue recognition issues.
- Ability to lead through change management and adapt to new technology quickly
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- Candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.