Senior Tax Analyst
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Your role in helping us shape the future:
This position will be responsible for assisting the Intelsat Tax Department with the company's U.S. and some aspects of non-U.S. tax issues, including compliance, planning as well process improvement.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Assist with the preparation of U.S. taxable income for tax returns and U.S. GAAP tax provisions
- Prepare U.S. federal, state, and local income tax returns as needed including all related analysis and support.
- Participate in federal, state and local, and international tax planning.
- Assist in SOX compliance processes
- Assist in Partnership computations and compliance, including computation of IRC sections 704(b) books and 704(c) allocations.
- Effective utilization of available technology and internal reporting tools to gather and analyze data to support complex income tax calculations
Can you drive these processes?
- Assist with research and analysis around changes in tax rules
- Support aspects of US and foreign tax reporting.
- Support the management of US and non-US audits.
- Assist in process improvements, e.g. streamlining processes and reducing manual processes, software implementation.
- Assist with assignments and other duties in the Tax Department as necessary
- Actively participate in external and internal learning opportunities and trainings.
You should definitely have:
- Must have a Bachelors' Degree in Accounting or a related field of study.
- CPA license or actively working toward the CPA license.
- Must have a minimum of three years of experience in tax compliance, ASC 740 or a related specialty, or at least 2 years of experience with a national public accounting firm.
- Must have highly developed analytical skills and problem-solving ability, with a willingness to frequently learn new technical skills and apply them in daily work.
- Positive attitude and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.), required
- Need to be adept at working in a fast-paced, technically challenging environment, with the ability to work well in a team environment and to coordinate with team members who may be in other countries.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.