Marketing & Communications Fellowship
WHO WE ARE:
At the U.S. Soccer Foundation, we use soccer as a vehicle to make positive social change in the communities where the need is greatest. We ensure that girls and boys living in underserved communities have access to evidence-based soccer programming that delivers positive health and youth development outcomes, as well as safe places to play right in their neighborhoods. Our after-school soccer program, Soccer for Success, provides children with free access to quality soccer programming, safe places to play, and caring coach-mentors who are trained to help transform young lives. In 2017, the Foundation announced its strategic goals to engage 1 million children in Soccer for Success and build 1,000 safe playing spaces by 2026.
OUR CORE VALUES:
It takes an entire team of dedicated individuals to achieve our goals. Our core values guide our team members and drive our work forward.
Embrace Ambition: We do not settle for what is, we are innovative and push the status quo. We are comfortable with the uncomfortable; big goals bring on unchartered territory. We seek to continuously improve and always pursue excellence.
Community-Focused: We take a 'work with, not for or to' approach. We engage communities to drive systemic change. We are conscious leaders, sharing tools for success.
Dynamic Team Spirit: We are fun and passionate about our cause. We support our teammates' successes and priorities. We strive to be a team that considers all perspectives and reflects our diverse communities.
ROLE: Marketing & Communications Fellow
SUPERVISOR: Marketing & Communications Manager
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
The U.S. Soccer Foundation seeks an energetic and hardworking Marketing & Communications fellow to join its team. The individual selected will work primarily with the Marketing & Communications team, assisting the team with content development, digital strategy, our ambassador program, and events. Our Marketing & Communications Fellow will also have the opportunity to work with the Programs, Philanthropy, Expansion, and Operations teams as well as our program partners who deliver Soccer for Success locally.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Our Marketing & Communications Fellow will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Draft stories for the Foundation’s blog and other collateral and collect testimonials from participants and partners.
- Provide digital support for the Marketing & Communications Manager, including providing input on content calendars and sample posts, producing the monthly newsletter, maintaining the organizational email calendar, and managing aspects of the Foundation’s website.
- Assist the Marketing & Communications Manager with execution of the ambassador program.
- Conduct research and develop backgrounders for the Marketing & Communications team and senior leadership ahead of interviews, panels and other speaking opportunities.
- Compile and distribute media clips and maintain media database.
- Manage the Foundation’s photo and video assets.
- Copyedit Foundation email blasts and other collateral, as well as provide project management support for web and collateral projects.
- Support the Marketing & Communications team on Foundation outreach and ad hoc projects.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
A successful candidate will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- Work experience or coursework in at least one of the following areas: marketing, communications, public relations and/or writing
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, oral, copyediting, and proofreading skills
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, multitask, and prioritize
- Ability to problem solve and think critically and analytically
- Strong attention to detail and possess high level of organization
- Model a mature and professional demeanor and have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with a wide range of team members
- Solid commitment to bettering the lives of children through mentorship and sports
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs, social media, managing informational systems, and database processes
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
JOB TYPE: Fellowship – 40 hrs/week
COMPENSATION: $13.25/hour. SmartBenefits of up to $260/month
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, two writing samples, and resume to email@example.com, nothing the position name in the subject line. In your cover letter, please indicate the date you are available to start.
We wish we could respond to individual inquiries but unfortunately that is not possible. We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about the U.S. Soccer Foundation at www.ussoccerfoundation.org.
The U.S. Soccer Foundation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.