Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 1 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-09 salary range starts at $57,015 per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR ENGINEERS: A Degree in professional engineering OR a combination of college-level education, training, and/or technical experience. For specifics on qualifying education and/or experience - use the following link: Basic Requirements for Engineer Positions.
In addition to the Basic Requirements listed above, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 in the Federal service. Specialized experience is progressively responsible experience applying professional engineering principles, concepts, and practices in the design of construction or alteration projects involving buildings or major building systems of moderate complexity; or assisting in the coordination of the activities of architects, engineers, tenants and construction contractors on such projects. Such experience must also include having assisted in managing projects and/or portions of projects (balance scope/quality, schedule and budget) requiring the services of multiple disciplines from project initiation phase through project closeout.
Note: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Bargaining Unit status: Not Applicable
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Travel expenses associated with interviews may be approved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
- You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to manage projects, priorities, and requirements.
- Knowledge of established assessment and evaluative techniques and methodologies including cost/benefit analysis, acquisition planning, risk management, knowledge management, and forecasting.
- Knowledge of professional engineering principles, concepts and practices applicable to the design, layout, construction, repair and/or alterations to a variety of conventional structures.
- Knowledge and skill to adapt standard design and construction practices and techniques to establish design parameters; and prepare project justifications and specifications for plans and designs for new construction and renovation projects.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified [If the use of 4 categories is justified, adjust verbiage].
- We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No