Personnel Office Assistant
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : $10 - $12 per hour; Commensurate with Education and Experience
Web Announcement :
Personnel Office Assistant
The George Mason University Office of the Provost is seeking a non-student wage Personnel Office Assistant to support the Provostâ€™s personnel team. This team works with Human Resources and Payroll; the Office of Compliance, Diversity and Ethics; other offices within the university; as well as all of the academic units to provide support for faculty processes and transactions.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Personnel Office Assistantâ€™s primary duties are as follows:
- Provide administrative support to the personnel team;
- Maintaining and updating various spreadsheets and databases;
- Creating and maintaining various reports for the Office of the Provost;
- General office tasks including filing, copying, scanning, faxing, maintaining personnel records, etc.; and
- Imaging and indexing confidential personnel credential documents.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; and
- Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Associateâ€™s degree or higher;
- Experience working in an office setting;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of Ellucian Banner; and
- Experience using EMC ApplicationXtender Web Access or similar indexing software systems.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number WG468z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/ ; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date : 2018-11-14