Director, Digital Ad Operations
7 days left
- Full Time
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
Bring your experience of the digital advertising industry to make a positive impact at The Washington Post. We are looking for a creative self-starter with strong leadership skills to join the most innovative digital publisher in media. A strong candidate can be in the trenches and understand the details of digital advertising, while also maintaining a big picture view and knowing where the industry is heading. This person will work closely with product, marketing and engineering teams to identify opportunities to increase revenue and implement next generation digital products at The Washington Post.
The successful candidate will lead an incredible team of ad operations specialists tasked with implementing and managing advertising inventory across all digital platforms and flawlessly executing all digital ad campaigns. This team is also responsible for troubleshooting and resolving any and all ad-related issues. The ad operations team also consists of a small group of production resources tasked with building The Washington Post's custom in-house ad formats and creatives.
- Translate, manage and operationalize sales strategies, digital ad formats and product technologies into advertising tech stack
- Collaborate across departments to improve business processes, execute strategic initiatives and meet demanding revenue goals
- Resolve special and escalated issues in order to ensure high level of client satisfaction
- Proactively identify, implement and manage systems, tools and/or processes which reduce operating costs, increase revenue and improve speed and efficiencies
- Identify and implement solutions that increase the effectiveness of the Ad Operations department, including the development of tools, process and reports related to job responsibilities
- Build and sustain collaborative relationships at multiple levels across our organization
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- 5+ years of experience in ad operations
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Effective decision-making skills
- History of successfully managing a mid-sized team
- Keen understanding of ad campaign metrics and background in administering advertising across multiple platforms
- Experience producing and implementing custom in-house ad formats, a plus
- Strong knowledge of major technology-driven changes and trends affecting the advertising and media industries, and deep knowledge of the digital media buying ecosystem