Meetings Technology Specialist (1239-679)
7 days left
- Full Time
This is a hands-on position that manages the day-to-day audio visual, convention services, and IT operations of the on-site USP Meetings Center. Works closely with and supports a team of meeting professionals who support activities and coordinate meetings relating to USP’s compendial standards and related activities as well as rentals by outside organizations of the Meetings Center.Roles and Responsibilities
Meetings Center - Technical Operations (75% of the position)
- Manage day-to-day audiovisual (AV) and IT operations of the on-site 16,000 sq. ft. Meetings Center.
- Setup room technology configurations (e.g. AV/IT needs for day of meeting, PowerPoint and other meeting technology/material uploading, troubleshoot issues, etc.).
- Coordinate and setup room furniture configurations for events.
- Perform maintenance and system upgrades of AV/IT equipment ensuring all systems are fully operational and up-to-date.
- Support virtual meetings and events (e.g., set-up, on-site support for video calls, web conferencing, and streaming.).
- Operate and maintain broadcast switcher solutions for live event streaming and recording.
- Catalog and maintain video asset repository.
- Setup, configure, and utilize seamless switcher solutions for live event productions.
- Maintain and troubleshoot digital signage solutions.
- Update content and coordinate digital asset acquisition and deployment for digital signage solutions.
- Troubleshoot issues with client-owned mobile devices and computers.
- Serve as on-site technological support for the 600 annual events.
- Troubleshoot network switches, routers, and access points.
- Collaborate with USP staff to coordinate AV requirements for events.
- Create audience response system presentations.
- Assist external and internal stakeholders with the creation of multimedia presentations.
- Train USP staff and volunteers on meetings technology (i.e. web conferencing, video calling, AV control).
- Provide support and training for USP international sites for video calling and WebEx.
Implementation of AV solutions (20% of the position)
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on products to ensure the highest quality solution.
- Assist with the design and installation of AV solutions within the Meeting Center.
- Setup and configure network switches, routers, and access points for AV signal distribution and control.
- Perform rack fabrication for AV solutions.
- Assist with procurement of hardware, software, and services.
Build and implement test use cases for new AV solutions.
Other Duties as Assigned (5% of the position)
Review event orders to assess feasibility of AV needs.
Other tasks, projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience in a corporate or broadcast AV environment
- Proficiency with Cisco Unified Communications
- Knowledge and experience in audio visual/IT management (small–large meetings)
- Knowledge and experience with AV control systems
- AMX Control systems
- Knowledge and experience with audio digital signal processing systems
- Biamp Nexia
- Biamp Tesira
- Experience with Windows and Mac based computers
- Desktop support
- Experience with audio, video, and web-based teleconferencing
- Cisco video endpoints
- Cisco Webex
- Cisco TMS
- Cisco Telepresence Server
- Experience with audio and video conversion and editing tools
- Final Cut
- Adobe Premiere
- Knowledge and experience with networking infrastructure
- Ubiquiti and Cisco networking products
- Knowledge and experience with seamless switchers
- Self-starter with minimal supervision
- Solid capabilities with software productivity tools
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Highly efficient and productive team member
- Able to work flexible hours when needed. In addition to normal working hours of 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be able lift 25 lbs. over head
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular