Shooter/Producer Washington Bureau, RTÉ News and Current Affairs
The Washington Bureau of Ireland's national public service broadcaster RTÉ is seeking applications from individuals to provide the service of Shooter/Producer. RTÉ is the leading media organization in Ireland, and operates multiple television and radio stations and has a significant digital presence.
This is a wide-reaching position within a small international office, supporting the work of our Washington Correspondent, covering the entirety of the United States. Applicants should be highly organized, flexible, self-starting, creative individuals, capable of working to tight time deadlines.
The service provider (contractor) will be responsible for producing and filming original news content for our multiple media platforms. They should be proficient in filming and lighting techniques and video editing.
We require the service from a Monday to Friday approximately 9am to 5pm schedule, but flexibility is required as the hours can vary from day to day and week to week depending on news requirements. There will be a requirement to provide this service early mornings, late nights and weekends, in case of breaking news scenarios and to take into account the time difference between the USA and Europe.
The position is based at our bureau in downtown Washington, D.C. but will require some travel, often at short notice, within the United States, and may include travel further afield. Significant travel could be involved during election years.
This contract is for a service provider who must have the legal right to work in the US and must look after their own tax affairs.
- Develop story ideas in America for an Irish audience
- Identify guests for recorded packages and lives
- Produce live segments
- Shoot and edit video footage on location
- Edit video material from pool and wire feeds
- Some administrative duties, travel booking, basic office management etc.
- Relevant college degree or appropriate field experience
- Strong journalistic skills, editorial judgement and news contacts
- Proven ability of professional shooting and producing in a news environment
- Proficient in Avid Media Composer editing software
- Ability to work in a small team environment.
Interested candidates should apply with a resume and showreel before 5pm Monday December 3rd 2018 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to RTE Washington, 2000 M Street NW, Suite 315, Washington DC 20036.