Sr. Bridge Engineer
We are currently seeking a Senior Bridge Engineer for our Transportation - Infrastructure Practice.
This position will be responsible for the design of highway and railway bridge structures and have the ability to perform detailed engineering calculations and drawings. This individual will be required to communicate and coordinate activities with other disciplines including geotechnical, architectural, mechanical, and electrical. Supervision and guidance of junior engineering staff will also be required.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, with a structural emphasis, from an ABET accredited university
- A Master’s degree in Structural Engineering is preferred, but not required
- 6-12 years’ experience in bridge design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional Engineering registration (PE), preferably in VA and/or MD
- Knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices as related to structural engineering
- Experience with design of concrete, steel, masonry, and pre-stressed concrete structures
- Skilled in the use of computers, structural design and analysis software
- Microsoft Office Word and Excel proficiency
- Microstation or AutoCAD proficiency. Assists in the preparation of specifications and contract documents; prepares cost and quantity estimates and checks shop drawings.
- Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project
- Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature
In addition to the position’s skills, education and experience requirements, the following RS&H competencies are considered foundational to understanding performance, now and in the future.
- Change Orientation
- Client Focus
The Team If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
From managed toll lanes and long-range corridor plans to complex interchanges, major roadway, and segmental bridge designs, our teams provide the highest quality planning, environmental and engineering design solutions to our clients. Each day, we partner with transportation agencies and local governments across the country to keep our communities moving and improving the overall quality of life. By joining our team, you too can lead the evolution of transportation.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation’s top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.