Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Grant Management
- Oral Communication
- Technical Competence
- Written Communication
At the GS-12 level Qualified candidates must possess:
1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level or equivalent experience.
Specialized experience is experience that is directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. For example, experience working in higher education, programming or research position in a library, archive, or university press; teaching classes in the humanities; or working as a senior team member on a collaborative research project leading to publication. In all cases work in the humanities should have been performed with wide latitude for the exercise of independent judgment, requiring somewhat extended professional training and experience.
At the GS-13 level Qualified candidates must possess:
1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level or equivalent experience.
Specialized experience is experience that is directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which as equipped the applicant for the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. For example, experience working in higher education; programming or research position in library, archive, or university press; teaching classes in the humanities; or working as a senior team member on a collaborative research project leading to publication. Specialized experience also includes additional experience working in a grant-making office or institution or working with and managing research grants.
Selective Placement Factor:
In addition to the specialized experience listed above, applicants must also possess the following in order to be found minimally qualified for the position.
1. An advanced degree in American literature, American history, or American studies.
An MA in a discipline of the humanities.
More than one selection may be made.
1. If you are an eligible Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant you may apply for special selection over other candidates for this position. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position. ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456.
2. If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-point veterans' preference, you must attach a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must attach an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form.
3. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
4. You can apply for a non-competitive appointment if you meet the basic eligibility requirements and you are eligible for special appointment such as those authorized for the severely disabled; certain Vietnam era and disabled veterans; returned volunteers from the Peace Corps or Vista, etc. Please indicate the type of special appointment you are seeking, if any, on your application and follow all other instructions for applying shown in this announcement.
5. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/1700/general-education-and-training-series-1701/.
6. This position may require completion of a 1-year trial period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your résumé and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You will be further evaluated against job-related criteria and placed in one of three pre-defined categories:
- Best Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and has successful experience in the same or similar job that has demonstrated outstanding proficiency in applying knowledge, skill, and ability in the critical competencies for this position.
- Better Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and demonstrates proficiency in the critical competencies for this position.
- Qualified Category - Meets the specialized experience outlined in the minimum qualifications requirements section of the vacancy announcement.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of IFM (ineligible due to missing forms). Requests for reconsideration will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, fax transmissions, etc.
Only send documentation as requested/required by this announcement and that directly supports your qualifications for this position. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No