Deputy Chief Human Resources Officer
6 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- All information is subject to verification. Applicants are advised that false answers or omissions of information on application materials or inability to meet the following conditions may be grounds for non-selection, withdrawal of an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.
- Selection for this position is contingent upon completion of OF-306, Declaration of Federal Employment during the pre-employment process and proof of U.S. citizenship for competitive status positions or conversion to a competitive status position with the Administrative Office of the US Courts. In instances where non-citizens are considered for hire into temporary or any other position with non competitive status or when it is confirmed by the AO's Human Resources Office that there are no qualified U.S. citizens for a competitive status position (unless prohibited by a law or statue), non-citizens must provide proof of authorization to work in the United States and proof of entitlement to receive compensation. Additional information on the employment of non-citizens can be found at http://ww.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/non-citizens. For a list of documents that may be used to provide proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, please refer to Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
- All new AO employees will be required to complete a FBI fingerprint-based national criminal database and records check.
- You will be required to serve a trial period if selected for a first-time appointment to the Federal government, transferring from another Federal agency, or serving as a first-time supervisor. Failure to successfully complete the trial period may result in termination of employment. This does not apply to current federal Judiciary employees.
- Relocation expenses may be provided, but only if authorized by the Director of the AO.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- All requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have a minimum of one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the federal government GS-15, JSP-15 or CL 31 level or executive-level private sector experience, which is in or directly related to the line of work of this position. Specialized experience is in-depth knowledge of and senior-level experience administering human resources management programs. This includes recruitment and staffing, automated human resources initiatives, employee relations, employee development, compensation and benefits, and performance management.
Additional Assessment: Applicants who meet the specialized experience requirements also will be assessed on the following Technical Qualifications and Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs). The ECQs must be addressed and attached as an uploaded document to your application.
Technical Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in managing a complex human resources management organization and related programs, including workforce/staffing assessment ("work measurement"), classification, employee relations, performance management, benefits administration, compensation, employee development and training, human resources information systems, and strategic human capital planning. Experience must demonstrate knowledge of these programs and the impact on organizational objectives and performance goals, as well as sufficient analytical skills and knowledge of statistical concepts to aid in executive oversight.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a complex multi-level organization to include integrating organizational operations with the agency's strategic plan, mission, vision, values, and objectives.
- Ability to successfully meet customer expectations as evidenced by a proven track record of strong customer service orientation.
1. Leading Change: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
Leadership Competencies: Creativity & Innovation. External Awareness, Flexibility, Resilience, Strategic Thinking, Vision.
2. Leading People: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
Leadership Competencies: Conflict Management, Leveraging Diversity, Developing Others, Team Building.
3. Results Driven: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
Leadership Competencies: Accountability, Customer Service, Decisiveness, Entrepreneurship, Problem Solving, Technical Credibility.
4. Business Acumen: This core qualification involves the ability to strategically manage human, financial, and information resources.
Leadership Competencies: Financial Management, Human Capital Management, Technology Management.
5. Building Coalitions/Communication: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
Leadership Competencies: Partnering, Political Savvy, Influencing/Negotiating.
This position does not require education to qualify.
The AO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. If you meet the minimum qualifications for this job, we will evaluate your application package, to assess the quality, depth, and complexity of your accomplishments, experience, and education as they relate to the requirements listed in this vacancy announcement.
You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume and/or narrative responses, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Failure to submit the mandatory narrative responses will result in not receiving full consideration and/or rating credit. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you, withdrawing an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.