Senior Construction Project Manager
The Senior Construction Project Manager is an experienced construction rofessional working in support of the School District's construction and renovation projects. An employee in this class is responsible for managing LCPS project field staff and the daily operations of the construction and renovation of school projects for ompliance with plans, specifications, and applicable standards. The work requires a thorough understanding of the functions of various trades and of construction practices to ensure that standards are met and to monitor job status and resolve problems. Experienced workers in these positions initiate their own daily assignments, follow through on matters, and use independent sound judgment and training to take appropriate actions in response to situations arising over the course of their projects.The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed appropriate:
* Supervises and oversees the planning and completion of construction and renovation projects; responsible for budget management as well as production and management of other assigned projects and reports.
* Develop, maintain and review construction documentation and reports using construction project management software; accountable for budget maintenance for assigned projects; review change requests and applications for payment.
* Responsible to coordinate and attend construction progress meetings with staff, contractors, architects, and engineers; coordinate site inspections for trade compliance; work with Project Management field staff, designers and
contractors to resolve construction issues; coordinate activities with other LCPS departments, utility companies, contractors, and project schedules to achieve on-time service at job sites.
* Review design documents and actively participate in the design and planning process.
* Ensure accurate records and as-built documents are maintained on file; track pre- and post-construction deliverables.
* Manage and oversee project management staff.
* Keeps a close liaison with school staff and other LCPS Divisions such as Facilities, Safety & Security, Transportation and Instruction.
* Responsible to coordinate and execute architect/engineer and contractor evaluations.
* Assist in overall project budget development and management, and planning of project construction contract methodologies.
* Holds an Associate's Degree in a Construction related industry and experience in field construction; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
o Knowledge of construction principles and practices applicable to school facilities; of materials testing, engineering standards, building codes, and other requirements governing school construction.
o Ability to perform technical construction inspections; to maintain accurate and complete records; to apply engineering standards, codes, and other requirements to varying situations.
o Has a working knowledge of computer software (including E-mail, Internet, Microsoft Office and Construction Project Management Software).
o Excellent inter-personal and communications skills.
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, climb, stoop, kneel, bend and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; reach with hands and arms and see and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and may be required to lift up to approximately 50 pounds. May be exposed to extreme temperatures and uneven terrain.