Administrative and Office Specialist III
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Program Support Specialist Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
The George Mason University Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, within the Volgenau School of Engineering, is accepting applications for a full-time Program Support Specialist position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Process faculty and staff purchase requests for equipment and supplies for labs, projects, offices, events and research activities through the GMU eVA vendor system or other approved sources;
- Reconcile all purchases and submit monthly financial statements with supporting documentation;
- Create and maintain appropriate filing and record systems for purchasing as well as reconciliation;
- Reconcile departmental, Foundation and other accounts on a monthly basis;
- Provide reconciliation documents for direct expenditures on sponsored research projects;
- Create and manage inventory spreadsheets for departmental lab equipment and supplies ;
- Coordinate departmental telecommunications services which include putting orders for phones, imputing trouble tickets and serving as department liaison to Telecommunication Administration;
- Manage departmental copy machine usage by faculty, teaching assistants and students and reconcile copy and print expenses;
- Process requests for swipe card access to departmental labs, conference rooms, offices and other facilities for faculty and students;
- Provide administrative support to faculty and students for both academic and research activities; and
- Work closely with department leadership, management and staff in completing tasks.
- Proficiency with office software tools;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to develop, compile and present information;
- Ability to work in a diverse environment; and
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience is preferred;
- Experience with financial tools; and
- Proactive nature with regards to utilizing all available sources to seek and find information.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, please complete the online application at http://jobs.gmu.edu for position 02775z, and attach a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references with contact information. Review of applications will begin November November 13, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :