Education Support Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Academic Administrative Specialist
The Department of Physics & Astronomy in the College of Science (COS) seeks applicants for a full-time Academic Administration Specialist. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Academic Administration Specialist initiates and processes all student activities for the Department. The incumbent serves as the primary student point of contact on behalf of the Department with the College of Science and the University at large, provides student and faculty support and services, and assists in student retention and recruiting support. The incumbent is expected to work closely with faculty coordinators for the graduate and undergraduate programs. The incumbent will also assist with departmental purchasing as needed. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing students with admissions related and degree attainment information;
- Assisting students with registration issues, grading concerns, and student account questions;
- Processing student paperwork and forms;
- Maintaining student records and database, reporting of grades;
- Serving as the Department Scheduling Coordinator processing scheduling requests approved by the department;
- Serving as the Department Textbook Coordinator;
- Assisting the processing of graduate applications and annual Catalog review and updates;
- Assisting faculty to coordinate student recruitment, information sessions, and orientation events;
- Managing the logistics for the weekly department colloquium series;
- Classroom space scheduling and room access; and
- Assisting with departmental purchasing.
- Strong analytical mindset to compile statistical data;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, especially MS Word and Excel;
- Strong customer service skills; and
- Strong attention to detail.
Preferred Qualifications: * Administrative support experience, particularly with a large public institution of higher education; * Successful completion of an undergraduate degree (any discipline); * Experience using Banner, eVA, Target X, and/or a Curriculum Inventory Management (CIM) System; and * Experience in Web design.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :