Digital Producer - WP Live
6 days left
- Full Time
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
The Washington Post is looking for a digital producer with strong digital experience and a record of assisting in the production of compelling programming for live events or television to play a key role in producing our rapidly growing live news platform, Washington Post Live. We bring together leading experts, emerging voices and newsmakers to discuss the most pressing issues of the day. Recent speakers include: Vice President Biden, Diane von Furstenberg, Internet pioneer Vint Cerf, LA Mayor Eric Garcetti, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson, HBO chief executive Richard Plepler, Gov. Jerry Brown, Sen. Harry Reid and hundreds of others.
The digital producer manages all digital elements of WPL including web pages, social media channels and our video content. Main responsibilities would include: engaging and growing an online audience on social media and other channels before, during and after programs; creating, editing and maintaining all aspects of program web pages including descriptions, graphics, speaker bios, video clips and related content; setting up and coordinating live streaming of programs; working with developers and publishing support to build specific tools and troubleshoot issues; editing and publishing video clips; support senior producers with research and development as needed.
What we're looking for:
- A digital producer with at least two years of experience in national or major media market
- A passion for news and an understanding of the trends that are driving today's most important stories
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment that requires organization, meeting deadlines, and thinking creatively
- Strong writing and research skills
- Proven record of outstanding editorial judgement
- Experience writing and editing for digital and web
- Demonstrated quick turnaround of video editing and graphics (Final Cut X, Adobe Premiere and Photoshop)
- Built and/or maintained web content