Statistician (Not a Remote Position)
The purpose of this position is to provide statistical support to the measure development and testing, meta-analysis, systematic reviews and evidence-based practice guidelines, and data analysis activities of the National Center for Evidence-Based Practice in Communication Disorders (N-CEP).
- Conduct psychometric testing to evaluate new measures and application of existing measures to new populations.
- Conduct statistical analyses and provide related consultation to N-CEP staff for meta-analyses, other evidence-based systematic reviews, and practice guidelines.
- Develop and implement risk-adjustment schema to facilitate meaningful comparisons of quality measures across providers/facilities.
- Participate on a team to design tools to incorporate cost-effectiveness/cost-benefit data into new and existing N-CEP data registries.
- Conduct ad hoc statistical analyses as needed.
- Serve as N-CEP's liaison with psychometricians, health economists, and other statistical consultants.
- Provide statistical consultation as needed to other National Office staff.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Master's degree in statistics, psychological measurement, education measurement, psychometrics, or related field.
- Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Ability to conduct classical and IRT item analyses, Rasch analysis, equating studies, reliability and validity studies, sampling plans, item calibration, scaling and equating, experimental design, and statistical modeling.
- Ability to perform other statistical analysis such as multiple regression, logistic regression, ANOVA, ANCOVA, factor analysis, and mixed models.
- Programming skills using statistical software package(s) such as SPSS, and IRT software such as WINSTEPS.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Ability to explain complex issues to colleagues and ASHA members using nontechnical language where appropriate
- Ability to work well as part of a team and individually
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and complicated, detailed work in an organized fashion in the face of changing priorities and tight timelines
- Demonstrated project management and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to self-direct, set and meet deadlines, and self-prioritize
**Please provide a cover letter along with your resume