Senior Scholarship Analyst
Senior Scholarship Analyst
Office of Financial Aid
Exempt, Regular, Full Time, Pay Grade 1.4
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Senior Scholarship Analyst to work closely with the Associate Director of Scholarships and manages all Maryland State Scholarship Programs (MHEC) as well as other special population scholarship programs in which UMUC participates. This position also has full responsibility for several specific, high-profile scholarships within the UMUC portfolio.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible for the administration of Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) scholarships totaling nearly $3 million dollars annually.
- Administers other state scholarship programs in which UMUC participates, all with different regulations and timelines.
- Troubleshoots and resolves system related problems as related to MHEC rosters and query outcomes; works with the Systems Unit staff in financial aid to provide details of any discrepancies to allow re-creation of the issue and assist with an ultimate solution.
- Works directly with students in the resolution of scholarship issues; understands the correlation between scholarships and the entire financial aid package and can articulate the scenario and impacts to the student.
- Assist in resolution of high level escalations.
- Provides outstanding customer service to students and staff.
- Successfully completes regular and accurate reconciliation of scholarship programs; coordinates results with Finance Office.
- Prepares various ad-hoc reports relating to scholarship programs for UMUC use as well as external entities as appropriate and necessary.
- Works closely with Student Accounts office to assure accurate accounting of third party resources as they relate to overall coordination with financial aid packages.
- Make adjustments to awards and communicate with students as needed.
- Responsible for the administration of several high volume/high profile UMUC and other scholarship programs.
- Ensure accurate awarding, timely disbursement, maintenance of eligibility, and reconciliation.
- Liaison with Marketing on the content management of UMUC's scholarship database. ·
- Maintains complex queries necessary to identify scholarship recipients, determine accurate eligibility and monitor disbursement of funds. ·
- Works to identify and implement systematic changes to enhance overall scholarship administration efficiency and accuracy. ·
- Liaison with SalesForce system and staff for the Scholarship Unit; maintains accuracy of knowledge base used by third-party vendor and UMUC staff for scholarships.
- Maintain currency of MHEC Policies and Procedures and Business Process Guides.
- Ensures prompt and accurate processing of scholarship awards/decline and payments.
- Updates all scholarship related communications.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree from and accredited institution of higher learning and two (2) four (4) years' experience in higher education, business, accounting or customer service; with higher education experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of systems and data processing techniques for automated systems.
- Excellent organizational, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate leadership abilities for staff supervision, organizational management and problem-solving skills.
- Can document work clearly, make independent decisions and schedule work to meet deadlines.
- Work accurately and quickly with attention to detail. Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's Degree
- PeopleSoft Knowledge
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.