7 days left
- Full Time
This is skilled maintenance work in performing general carpentry duties in school buildings.
An employee in this class is responsible for ensuring that work meets accepted trade and safety standards. Heavy background in metal framing, ACT installations, and large scale drywall finishing is required. The employee constructs and maintains structural woodwork and furniture by using standard carpentry tools and power driven woodworking machinery. Work consists primarily of carpentry, however, workers are required to perform other building maintenance duties as the need arises. Work assignments are received orally or in the form of sketches, blueprints or written instructions. Work is reviewed through inspections while in progress and upon completion.
* Estimates materials, prepares sketches and plans, and picks up materials; builds and installs cabinets, bookcases, blackboards and bulletin boards
* Builds partitions and frames walls; installs and finishes drywall; builds equipment for handicap children
* Repairs and/or replaces door locks, panic bars, internal and external doors, and door closures
* Cuts and replaces window glass
* Repairs and/or replaces floor tiles, carpet, wooden floors, ceiling tile and metal grids, window shades and venetian blinds, bleachers, desks, chairs, physical equipment and other similar equipment
* Performs related work as required
Completion of an apprenticeship in carpentry or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
* Working knowledge of the carpentry and locksmith trade
* Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the trade
* Ability to read blueprints and other drawings
* Skill in using the tools, equipment and materials of the trade
* Ability to operate a work order management system using a desk top computer or mobile tablet
* Current valid driver's license, CDL is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, climb a ladder and use an aerial lift; stoop, kneel, crouch or bend; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms; and lift and carry up to approximately 50 pounds. The employee is required to see. May occasionally be exposed to extreme temperatures or other inclement weather, and loud noises.
Employee reports to the General Maintenance Supervisor in Facilities Services