Structural (Bridge) Engineering Intern
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. Dewberry is seeking a Structural (Bridge) Engineering Intern to work in its Fairfax, VA office. The successful candidate will be part of a team designing simple and complex bridges (primarily of steel and concrete construction) and a variety of transportation related structures (retaining walls, culverts, sign structures, and other miscellaneous structures) using applicable software. The candidate will also assist in the development of contract plans, the preparation of engineer's estimates and construction specifications, and performing construction support services.
- Currently pursuing BS or MS in Civil Engineering (with structural emphasis) is required
- At a minimum, must have completed Junior year having successfully completed classes in concrete and/or steel design
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency using CADD (Microstation preferred)
- Previous internship experience a plus.
- A desire to work in a team environment