Revenue Assurance Senior Accountant
Employer name: Rosetta Stone Ltd.
Position Title: Revenue Assurance Senior Accountant
Location: Arlington, VA
I: Essential Job Functions:
· Support accounting for all North America Revenues including Enterprise and Education, Retail and Direct to Consumer sales channels. Includes revenue from software, subscription services and bundled software and subscription service products;
· Account for and track special revenue arrangements;
· Perform month-end and quarter-end close activities, including journal entries, accruals, and reconciliations;
· Perform ongoing internal controls and reviews of revenue recognition;
· Participate in review of both Enterprise & Education and Consumer sales contracts and credit memos;
· Reviewing and processing adjustments to returns reporting;
· Monitor and review system transaction processing to detect/address errors as necessary;
· Responsible for inventory item coding to Revenue GL accounts;
· Participate in SEC reporting process and internal management reporting, as necessary;
· Coordinate with external auditors, as necessary;
· Ensure SOX controls are properly performed and documented.
II: Experience or Qualifications Required:
· 1 year of accounting experience in a Public Accounting firm;
· Knowledge of U.S. GAAP;
· Knowledge of Financial Risk Management principles;
· Knowledge of auditing procedures, internal controls, risk assessment, and reporting;
· Knowledge of Revenue recognition, Foreign currency transactions and translation;
· Substantial progress toward passing the Uniform Certified Public Accountant Examination (at least two of the four modules)
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
· Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel;
· Solid organizational and analytical skills.
III: Educational Requirements:
· Master’s Degree in Accounting
Please apply online at http://jobs.rosettastone.com, keyword: Revenue Assurance Senior Accountant. No telephone calls, please.
Rosetta Stone Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.