Assistant Director, Resident Services
AHC’s mission is about improving the lives of low and moderate-income people who live in our community. The Resident Services Division offers programs that will improve the quality of life for residents living at AHC properties and strengthen the neighborhoods where AHC properties are located. The programs are for all age groups but focus primarily on housing stability and financial capability programming for adults. The Assistant Director supports the vision of the program and implements and monitors it for the Baltimore community.
• Supervising and participating in the hiring & training of Resident Services staff (including interns, summer staff & program volunteers)
• Managing and improving related programs
• Developing and maintaining partnerships within the Baltimore community
• Assessing program needs and evaluating program effectiveness
• Tracking of program data and providing regular reports
• Working with public relations and fundraising staff to ensure that the programs are adequately marketed and supported
• Other related duties
• Post-graduate degree in social work, public administration or related field
• 7 years’ experience in community development and/or social work. Additional years of experience can be substituted for the post graduate degree.
• At least 5 years of supervisory experience.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Strong motivation and the ability to work independently but also as a team player with various partners
• Knowledge of resources and working relationships with stakeholders within Baltimore communities strongly preferred
• Experience working with diverse populations in terms of race, ethnicity, country of origin, age and economic status
• Software skills in MS Office
For immediate consideration, please visit & apply on our website www.ahcinc.org, under the ‘About Us’ tab. E/O/E